Monday 13 February 2012

week 2 or is it 3?

I am so enjoying the change of pace with an early commute to Wellington...an hour of book reading followed by a 20 minute walk to Te Papa...thought I would share the sights of my morning walk to work!So far NO southerly gales and gorgeous weather along the Wellington waterfront.
The identification process is long but necessary and I am slowly getting better with help from Dr Leon and Patrick. We off on a field trip on Thursday to hunt for a so far unsighted fern called anOphioglossum                or Spear fern.Will let you know how that goes.Leon has given me a "square" of NZ to collect from which is really Waikanae and Paraparaumu area   NZMS260  R 26. I have to read lattitude and longitude to say where from /id genus and species/ check the WELT collection / find out if it is there and / or    pre 1970 collected then depending on that answer....collect/press/ dry and then freeze for both Te papa and Nga Manu. Sound complex...well it could be...I also have to have all info on a spread sheet.
This process of hunting and collecting will start mid next week.

Will share photos of my walk later...I left the card out of the camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to read your comments ....Room 15 invites you to enjoy our blog.