Saturday 3 March 2012

One more thing ....curriculum days and the main event ....LEADERSHIP COURSE


This article from Goldsworthy reading outlines the many different types of investigations in science...we can be using these across an integrated curriculum .When doing the hands on experiments at the CORE ED curriculum days we were able to try out different possibilities and engage with the science in critical thinking ways.........................................................................


BUT now to the Executive Education Leadership Course in Dunedin at Otago University.
We spent a full time live in 5 days at the executive residence just down the road from the lecture theatre at the business school.
Each day was punctuated by LARGE meals! Eating seemed to be quite a big component of the course...well fed and watered and housed...thankyou! The staff club at the Uni provided lunch each day....another delicious meal. As well as this we were transported to and from airport via Limo Jags and also a short city tour with the same company. Thoroughly spoiled I"d say!
The course was EXCELLENT. It provided a platform on which we can build relationships in our schools and really work towards a leadership of science in our schools. The group discussions plus lectures and theories of leadership have given me a clear pathway and plan to take back to Kapanui and begin working .
I think the course has also given me some things to seriously consider regarding my personal future with regard to leadership at Kapanui. After the 360 degree assessment and the Briggs Meyer results I probably have gained confidence to step up more and take on some roles which i have maybe stood back from. It has also given me the tools with which to deal with difficulties along the path in terms of personalities and bumps in the road.There was not a lot I learned about myself which was not surprising and of course the brash/ abrasive side has to be kept under control!!....but the affimation as an inspirer/ innovator and energiser is good....I DO need to see reason for doing some things and can logically assimulate reason and accept. I have the tools so I now need to use them to good affect. The MBTI and the 360 LPI were incedibly affirming .....I was quite surprised and heartened to look at the responses of others and also that my self assessment fell into line with the MB assessment. 
Knowing myself is key and actually having to set down what is important to me and the values that I have is also a helpful exercise...we should all do this regularly!


I Now will complete the assignments ..in time ....and proceed with the tasks for this week if a I can pin down the principal to a meeting. My journey begins......









No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to read your comments ....Room 15 invites you to enjoy our blog.